Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – The New Science
Search engine marketing is the new science that has revolutionized business. The influx of web sites has increased the exposure and revenue for products and services. There is solid reciprocal linking campaigns between the complementary services/products.
This promotes “browsing” and time consuming “visiting” of many sites, before the customer finds the targeted product or service. Today, consumers are shying away from this due to scarcity of time. Discerning customers now prefer reaching the source directly, rather than meandering through a maze of endless links.
The use of “search features” and direct navigation by visitors has shown marked increase. This trend is hampering the effectiveness of linking campaigns.
Good quality links increase the rankings and the placement of the campaign. Linking requests inundate top ranking web sites. Poorly trained web masters give little thought to theme of a link page or the relevance of the links. Visitors to these sites got confused and frustrated. Consumers now prefer direct navigation and search engines for seeking the product. This unscrupulous linking will lead to dire consequences for the businesses listed at the bottom of search engines. They will be forced out of market.
7 Points to Consider
- Write good, appropriate content, pertaining to the product gets more traffic to the site. Search engines too list these sites to top ranking sites.
- One good, attractive ad placed on high traffic web site, increases ranking and placement by the search engine.
- Submit web sites to maximum number of pertinent directories too enhances the ranking of site.
- Optimization of web site, from design, meta-tags, directory listing, hosting increases the visibility of a site. It gets noticed in more places by more search engines, thus leading to higher placement and ranking.
- Build the subscriber base with the use of pay per click (PPC) campaign. They offer swift return on the investment and enhance the traffic to the site. A good traffic trend leads to higher ranking.
- Relevant and properly placed key words and key phrases are core elements for the search engines to enhance the indexing and placement of a web site. Keyword targets niche audience and begets the traffic.
- Successful offline marketing campaigns increases the products visibility and recall value. It leads to more traffic online too, thus increasing the ranking of the site.
Your search engine marketing campaign can be successfully pursued by optimization of various methods, along with building of relevant, quality multi directional links. This will help in effective ranking and placement within the search engine.